A Scout Association DBS (formerly CRB) is required for all leaders and any adult who may:
- Sit on the executive committee
- Help out regularly (4 or more times a month)
- Stay overnight.
- Have unsupervised access to young people. (When you are not in sight of an adult with a valid DBS)
For a number of reasons we are unable to accept DBSs from other organisations (e.g. School), however there is no cost to volunteers, and the turn around is generally pretty quick if you already have a current DBS.
Please note that it can take anywhere from a couple of days to a month (or longer on rare occasions) to process after we submit the application.
For more information please visit scouts.org.uk/ecrb
- The driver’s license date we need is the earliest date on the back of the photo card – NOT the date on the front.
- All fields in the “Applicant Information” section are required, except ‘Role of applicant’ and “Membership Number”
- If you have any middle names you must put them on the form.
Once you’ve completed the form, please bring it, and the documents, for a leader to check through.
We will also need the following information, you can either give us the information along with the form, or you’ll receive an email asking for them once we’ve submitted the form.
- Place of birth
- Any previous names and month/year they changed
- Any other addresses you’ve lived at in the past 5 years, and the month/year they changed. If you have not changed address in the past 5 years we’ll need the date you moved to your current address.
If you need any assistance, or do not have the requisite documents please don’t hesitate to ask your leader for help, or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org